Saturday, December 18, 2010

DIY Christmas Wrapping Paper





I ran around the shops today among the crowds getting presents and I can now happily say I've all my Christmas shopping complete. I wanted to add a little something extra to my presents this year without spending extra money, so I decided to make my own wrapping paper. This is really easy, cheap and quick to do. All I used was brown paper, a potatoe and some bronze and glitter paint, as I already had all these things at home it cost me nothing to make.

Firstly you need to half a potatoe and draw with a pen whatever pattern you want to print. Then using a knife cut away the excess potatoe around your shape.



Lay your brown paper out flat and using a paint brush apply paint to the potatoe. Print the pattern onto your paper, don't worrying about it being neat or having it in line it doesn't nee to be perfect! Leave out to dry



Then simply wrap and your done! I used the leftover pieces to make name tags by cutting out the stars. I also did different colours or patterns for different people to make their gifts more personal.





Wrapping all done while watching Christmas with the Kranks and presents under the tree I'm off to relax and watch Bridget Jones Diary by the fire. Is there anywhere better to be when it's -10 outside? What's on everyone's Christmas wishlist this year? With the snow already here, the Christmas holidays begun and the house full of decorations and comfort food most of my wishes have already come through and it's still 6 days to go!

Happy weekend, hope everyone has a great one!
xox
Share:

1 comment

Thank you for reading xox

© thriftylilpixie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig