Saturday, January 4, 2014

Review: Ted Baker The Great and the Gorgeous Cosmetic Gift Set



I received this super girly Ted Baker cosmetic gift set of my boyfriends sister as a surprise for Christmas. It contains: Bronzing compact, set of 4 brushes, 2 lipstick crayons, liquid eyeliner pen, shimmer eye cream, eye glitter, false eyelashes and glue, 2 nail varnishes and 2 illuminating liquids. So quite a lot really! I'm really impressed my the quality of this kit, it's beautifully packaged and I love so many of the products inside. 





I'll start by going through my favorite things in the set, first of all is the lip crayons, one in a bright pink shade the other in a deeper berry color. I will definitely wear both of these. Next up is the liquid highlighters: in pearly pink and golden glow, both give a lovely shimmery glow. I'm already a fan of liquid highlighters and use Benefit High Beam, there's absolutely loads of both of these products so quantity wise they should last a while. The nail polishes come in a light pink and gold glitter, there's a definite pink/gold theme throughout the whole set. I really like how concentrated the gold glitter polish is, I hate scabby glitter nail polishes that are more clear polish than anything else. Each polish is applied twice in the picture.




Another favorite product from the set is the bronzing compact, I love pressed powder foundation compacts, they just make you feel so feminine using an elegant gold compact to apply makeup. The bronzer has a golden/bronze shimmery look that would be perfect for summer time nights out. Other items include the cream eye shadow below (swatched on my hand below my thumb), it's a pretty rose gold color, although I generally don't wear cream eye shadow.    





The black liquid eyeliner has a nice thin tip, although I do not have the steady hand or the patience to achieve the perfect flicked eyeliner. I'm not made on the pot of eye glitter as it's quite loose and messy, probably not something I would use. The hot pink brushes are very cute and will definitely find their way into my makeup bag, I can't resist anything in hot pink. Lastly the set comes with false eyelashes and glue, these are simple and a nice length so will be a perfect addition to a night out. 





This set is a lovely gift or just a treat you can buy yourself. You can currently buy this set on the Boots website half price for €26
xox
Share:

5 comments

  1. great box :D love the colours of the lip crayons :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing colors, :)
    xoxo
    http://myheartaintabrain.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love ted! i worked for ted some time ago! xx happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty set !! thanks for the follow back :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been thinking of picking this up with the current Boots discount so it was really interesting to see what you thought! I've always wondered what Ted Baker makeup would be like :)

    shannonbecca.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading xox

© thriftylilpixie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig