Friday, August 20, 2010

Star star teach me how to shine shine

Star star teach me how to shine shine
Teach me so I know what's going on in your mind
'Cause I don't understand these people
Who say the hill's to steep
Well they talk and talk forever
But they just never climb
-The Frames, Star Star







The last few days have been a flurry of travelling, with a fair share of entertaining bus journeys. My favourite was the driver who played Celtic Christmas songs (regardless of it being AUGUST) for the entire journey, while playing the drums on the steering wheel. When we reached a stop he'd shout out welcome to wherever it was and throw up his arms, you've got to love his energy!




I bought these Aldo boots last winter because I wanted something sturdy enough for walking around college all day everyday, that would actually be comfortable, that wouldn't leave my feet drowned when it rained and would go with all my clothes. They have definitely fulfilled all my wishes, I was a little unsure off whether or not I wanted to spend 95 euro on one pair of shoes but they are proving to be worth every cent. And their starting to get that worn in look that I love, it's equally as lovely when it comes to worn in jeans and tees, the feel of worn in tees is so soft and comfortable.




This Star print dress is one of my favourite dresses in my closet, I found it in a bargain bin in my local charity shop last year. It was crumbled up in a ball among children's clothes and faded tshirts, the star print caught my attention. It wasn't until I tried it on that I decided I actually loved it, it just looked like a frumpy black dress in the clothes basket. I love the star print and the little bows on the front. I love how it works with bare legs and boots in the summer, and black tights and high high heels in the winter. I find it a little long so I just cinch it in with a belt to make it a little shorter and more fitted. That's what making charity shop finds work is all about.




Outfit details: Dress (Topshop) 7 euro from charity shop, Boots (Aldo) 95 euro, Woven Belt (hand me down from mammy) FREE, Ribbon in hair (gift wrapping in a previous life) so FREE.
Time to put my feet up on my pink furry pillow and dive into some currant buns and the new Glamour mag. Enjoy your weekend!
P.s. All images property of thriftylilpixie
P.s.s Follow thriftylilpixie on blogspot or bloglovin'
xox
Share:

9 comments

  1. I love your outfit soooo much!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. that dress is so much fun! love the ribbon in your hair too, so sweet :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a pretty dress and I love your hair.:)SarahD

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that poem...it's so true about life and people who never go anywhere b/c they just don't do it. i have to remind myself that i am what my thoughts make of me.

    love your look too!...those boots. MMM!

    cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your dress is ubbber cute! i love the stars (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great dress!! But I especially love the headband!

    Ad̬le Рmoltocuriosa.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a cute dress.

    Come by and get to know me at
    http://xoxoebony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how that dress gathers it's beautiful. Adore the headband, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading xox

© thriftylilpixie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig