Sunday, February 14, 2016

Smashbox #SHAPEMATTERS palette: Review


 

Smashbox #SHAPEMATTERS palette

Today's post is very over due and is simply me singing the praises of hands down the greatest item in my makeup collection. My sister gave this to me as a Christmas present but I had tried out this product already as she had picked herself up one also when they were the star gift in Boots. The #SHAPEMATTERS palette contains:
•  9 award-winning Photo Op Eye Shadows (Vanilla, Totally Nude, Champagne, Stripped, Posh, Platinum, Sumatra, Aubergine, Blackout) 
•   3 Contour Powders  
•   1 Highlighter 
•   2 best-selling Brow Tech Powders
•   1 Brow Tech Wax 
•   1 double-ended Shadow/Brow Brush 
•   1 full-size mirror 
•   3 Interactive Get The Look Cards (Brow, Face, Eye) 
•   #SHAPEMATTERS inserts with how-to's

Essentially this is the go to palette for your complete makeup look. I'm not one to binge buy makeup or just horde it because it's pretty, so when I say something is a makeup must have for me I mean it. Quite frankly if I don't absolutely love a product I would much rather spend my money on food! Not only is the palette gorgeous looking, the products included are also amazing quality. I already own the contour palette itself which retails at €44, so considering it's included in this palette which was sold for €38 in Boots as a star gift the value is insane. I like a very subtle contour and highlight but the contour equally suits those who like a much stronger makeup look as it is buildable and easily blended. The eye shadows are a perfect mixture of matte neutrals with a few shimmery options. Vanilla is a matte light beige, Totally Nude is a matte medium pink, Champagne is a metallic gold, Stripped is a sheeny orange, Posh is a rosy pink, Platinum is a light metallic gold, Sumatra is a matte dark brown, Aubergine is a matte plum purple and lastly Blackout is a matte black. The brow powders and wax give a lovely natural finish with no waxy appearance. I'm a huge fan of Smashbox thanks to my sister introducing me to their products, if you haven't tried the brand yet you really must. I generally find that Smashbox products leave a gorgeous finish and have great longevity, the only product I've tried that I wouldn't shout about is their mascara which is fine but nothing special. Other standout Smashbox products for me include their Step by Step Contour KitPhotofinish Primer Water and Full Exposure Palette. If you'd like a review on any of these products just let me know. For anyone that's wondering that biker jacket of my dreams is €49.95 from Zara here.  
Share:

2 comments

  1. I love the photos - They are so clear and vivid. Also you are an enabler - I now need this palette in my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how much you can do with this palette!

    Amy - Four Cats Plus Us

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading xox

© thriftylilpixie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig