Sunday, February 21, 2016

Face Of The Day (FOTD): Smashbox, No7, Benefit, Essence, Mac, Makeup Revolution


Apologies for the major overload of selfies I can explain! I did this makeup look for a party, hopped into my car all ready to go and then my car decided not to cooperate. I'm extremely lazy when it comes to makeup, so getting done up and then having no where to go is very annoying. Naturally I decided to make hay while the sun was shining...or something like that...take a ridiculous number of selfies and get a blog post out of it. TaaDaa!! Here's a list of the products I used, with links to where you can get them; 

No7 Stay Perfect Foundation Shade Cool Vanilla 
Essence Lip Liner No.12 Wish Me A Rose (Primark)
Essence XXXL shine lipgloss No.4 Rising Star (Primark)

So first up I started with No7 Early Defence Day Cream and Eye Cream. They're both designed for preventive treatment for early ageing so are perfect if you're looking for skincare in your 20s. They have SPF 15, are hydrating, light weight, easily absorbed, leaving no greasy residue that sits on your skin. No 7 skincare is always on 3 for 2 so it's perfect for stocking up on good quality, good priced skincare. Next up is primer, then I use No7 Stay Perfect Foundation in Cool Vanilla. It is a lightweight buildable medium coverage foundation with a natural satin finish. I get approximately 7 hours wear. It is medium consistency and thankfully the pump bottle doesn't clog. It retails for €20 but with those coupons that they constantly hand out you can get it for €16. Another plus is you can get the No7 match made service done in Boots in just a few minutes from one of their No7 advisers. I apply my foundation with a beauty blender from Primark, next up is concealer which I apply with the smaller end of the sponge. As I have oily combination skin I use powder afterwards. My contour, bronze, highlight, strobing, brows AND eyeshadow all come from the Smashbox #Shapematters palette I reviewed here.  It is literally the best palette to have in your collection I can't sing it's praises enough. For lips I coloured in my lips with an Essence lip liner and finished with Essence lipgloss. 

If you'd like a review of any of these products just let me know!
Share:

3 comments

  1. You look lovely! Some great products there too!

    MadeFromBeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your eyes are amazing! So Blue! This look is awesome xx Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look lovely! Loved this post and reading about the products you use!

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/four-cats-us-14291187

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading xox

© thriftylilpixie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig