Wednesday, September 23, 2015

My Current Skincare Favorites



For the last number of months my skin has started to have much angrier outbreaks than normal and I've seen the appearance of the dreaded bacne (back acne). Spots are irritating for lots of reasons, physically they can make you feel less than confident and in my experience in the case of bacne they can be straight up painful. You'd think in your mid twenties you'd be past getting bacne for the first time but it seems not! Anyway complaining aside, my previous skincare routine was just not up to scratch for dealing with my unwelcome new friends, so it was time for a product overhaul. I've been using a number of products from Boots and the No 7 range since July and I'm loving them. First up I clean my face with the much blogged about Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. I used to use cleansing lotions but cleansing water leaves my face feeling much cleaner and fresher. Next I use the No7 Beautiful Skin Purifying Mask Normal/Oily which I absolutely love. It's a gentle thermal mask that contains Zeolite Clay, which heats up on contact with water to open pores and draw out impurities. With rinsing the mask tightens pores and it leaves my skin feeling amazing. To really tackle spots I use the No 7 Beautiful Skin Rapid Spot Rescue and No7 Beautiful Skin Blemish Defence Serum daily. The Rapid Spot rescue is one of my favorite products as it really reduces spot size and appearance quickly, which is what we all want. When it comes to moisturizes I regularly mix and match them because I own a few different ones for night and day but I do really like the No 7 Early Defense Night Cream which is designed for those aged 20-35 so that's ideal for me. Lastly to tackle those pesky back and shoulder spots I've been using  Boots Tea Tree and Witch-Hazel Back Spray, it's antibacterial and reduces redness and inflammation. It's a really cheap product just €6.49 and it has been showing a visible difference not to mention it smells really good! I love all these products, they're all quite budget friendly especially the cleansing water and back spray, both less than €7. In terms of the No7 products, they don't break the bank and with the amount of No7 vouchers you get handed at the till in Boots you're sure to get a bargain. 

If you've got any spot tackling products you love please share them!
xox
Share:

5 comments

  1. Sounds like a lot of wonderful products - I am actually finally sort of trying to get into skincare because I am getting older and trying to avoid getting too many wrinkles that I can avoid getting.

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what No7 are kinda legends at the moment and I really wanna try their face mask too.. Big fan of the garnier water too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to try out No7 products, I keep hearing so many good things about them! :)
    Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great products - never used no7 products but the garnier micellar water is always with me :)

    Pop over to my blog!

    Sarah
    https://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know No7 has some quality products because relatively speaking, they're super-cheap. Also, great to know the back spray really works for I've been eyeing that ever since! Thanks, seriously loved this post ☺

    Xo,
    Bianca
    BLOGLOVINFACEBOOKINSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading xox

© thriftylilpixie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig