Saturday, February 15, 2014

Weekends are for eating

Leggings, boots & handbag-River Island
Scarf-Zara
Cardigan-Vero Moda


Weekends are about two main things for me; relaxing and eating really nice food. This weekend I did just that and of course some shopping. Oh my poor poor bank account. I thought I'd share some nice food I've enjoyed lately and the kind of outfits I spend my weekends in, that's when I'm not in my onesie obviously. First up is olesyas wine bar where I went for lunch today with my bf will out in Dublin hunting down a new coat for me and records for him. I had the open sandwich with Irish smoked salmon and herb cream, alongside potato and leek soup. Really tasty and at €9, not crazy expensive for the quality of the food or the surroundings. The trusty leather look leggings were out again in force dressed down with loose layered tees and a chunky cardigan robbed from my lil sister. It was nice to see Dublin rain free and bustling with people after the awful stormy weather we've been having. 


Next on the menu is The Gate House where we went for a delicious dinner, I ate so much that when I got home at 8 I feel asleep straight through until the next morning, talk about food coma. I started with chicken liver pate, red current jelly and toasted soda bread, he had spicy hummus. For main I had fresh cod in beer batter and chips, the beer batter was insanely good, so light and fluffy, melt in your mouth goodness. He had Penne Arabiata. Finally the best for last, for desert he had vanilla and orange creme brulee and I had a warm chocolate brownie. Having never tried a creme brulee, I was surprised at how amazing it tasted, how had I gotten to my twenties without tasting this! Just for a second can we appreciate the chocolate filled strawberry for decoration. A chocolate filled strawberry! Talk about attention to detail.  


For dinners out I like to wear something a little more dressy than leggings and vest tops naturally enough. For my anniversary at the end of last year I went to Marco Pierre White's restaurant for a special dinner, cheese plate and all. Sadly I have no photos of the noms that were had but here's what I wore for a romantic dinner out. Check out this red coat for Primark, it looks so much more expensive then Primark but only cost €31, result. I love when things look more expensive then what they cost, that's a real bargain. The dress was also a strange bargain, it's black with gold beading and a little white collar, kind of a Chanel vibe. In fact it was a €10 on sale in River Island as a beach dress, who dresses that fancy for the beach?!

Coat & snood-Primark
Dress & Handbag-River Island

Hope everyone is having a great weekend, if you have any recommendations for where you like to eat in Dublin let me know I love trying out new restaurants/cafes.
xox

Share:

2 comments

  1. That food looks amazing! I only visited ireland once when I was little - definitely need to visit again by the looks of it! Lucy xx aspectatorsport.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the food looks amazing!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's a £150 high-end skincare giveaway on my blog here, if you fancy entering!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading xox

© thriftylilpixie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig