Saturday, February 8, 2014

January Favourites






January passed with serious speed and cold weather, which meant chilly walks to work and evenings spent cuddled up indoors. I love reading monthly favorites posts so I thought I'd give it a whirl myself. My favorites are a mix of the things I've enjoyed most in January from beauty to fashion to sweeties.

Beauty: I've been a big fan of shellac since I first tried it last summer, at the start of January I was rocking a pink glitter shellac with a cupcake statement nail. I've just switched to a Valentine's themed set with two statement nails, one in gold glitter and another in white with a pink heart. I always get 3 weeks out of my shellac it can last longer but my nails get too long then. My favorite products from the past month are firstly the Body Shop's Peppermint foot scrub with volcanic rock granules, it smells ridiculously good and it's my second time purchasing it so it's becoming a firm favorite. I use dry shampoo all the time because I've alot of messy brown hair that needs to be kept in check. I normally use the Batiste dry shampoo in blush but lately I've started using the one for dark hair which is so much handier as you don't have to worry about those gray tell tale streaks. While doing my shopping in Lidl I came across Argan Oil Conditioner and treatments for €1.99, absolute bargain and such a nice treat for your hair. Lastly, my daily spritz of perfume right now is Eau de Lactose, which has a lovely fresh and light fragrance.    

Style: My daily wardrobe stables are leggings and loose blouses or little dresses with black tights and little boots. My favorite accessories in January were cutout boots from River Island with cute socks and a huge black knitted scarf from Zara that I got on sale for just €3.99, it nearly smothers you with coziness. 

Lifestyle: If there's one thing I love it's sugar and if there's one way I like it packaged it's as cookies. This cookie dough is great, it's nut free, €2.99 in Tesco, bakes in less than 10 minutes and most importantly it's delicious. It comes as muffins, scones, large choc chip cookies and triple choc chip cookies. After work there's nothing better than snuggling down in bed with cookies and a How I Met Your Mother marathon.  

Well that's it for January, can't wait to see what February has in store, other than rain and Valentine's day that is!
xox
Share:

1 comment

  1. Great boots!

    Would you like to follow each other with GFC and Bloglovin '? Let me know :)

    Have a good week!
    vgolove1.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading xox

© thriftylilpixie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig