Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Banana Bread Recipe



Baking and cooking have never been natural talents of mine but after needing to clean up my diet last November I've since learnt to embrace both. I've started to collect cookbooks and buy new ingredients just to try them out, I barely recognize myself or my diet! With cooking firmly under control it was time to branch out with some more baking. First up was banana bread, so my friend and I set out on a Thursday evening to bake up a storm. The recipe I'm going to share is for one loaf but we tripled the recipe and made one medium and one large loaf because who really can have too much banana bread. It's the perfect way to use up all those bananas you bought with great intentions to snack on them and before you knew it they were already brown. If you'd like to make one medium loaf you'll need the following:

200g self raising flour (we used Aldi gluten free flour )
1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder (optional)
50g margarine
100g caster sugar
1 egg
2 ripe bananas

To start preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease a loaf tin and line with baking paper. Sieve the flour into a large bowl and then rub the margarine into the flour. Beat an egg and mash the bananas. Next add the sugar, egg and banana to the flour and margarine and mix with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour the mixture into a lined loaf tin and bake for 40-45 minutes until brown. Cool on a wire wrack, boil the kettle, make a cup of tea and enjoy! The entire process is in my January week 3 vlog on my YouTube channel here.
Share:

2 comments

  1. I'm such a big fan of Banana bread! xx Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious!! :) SO excited to try cooking this at the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading xox

© thriftylilpixie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig