Sunday, July 22, 2012

Savy Sale Shopping


Loving a bargain means I love a good sale. Unfortunately many many sales are so disappointing, with items with rips or stains, or in other cases the discounts are nothing to write home about. During a girly day out with my mum, we hit the Zara and TK Max sales and picked up some bargains. I got the most amazing fragranced soaps in TK Max to brighten up my bathroom, priced in the sale at 3 soaps for €4. My mum got some really nice bits in the household section, I love all their baking stuff, they have great cookie cutters and mixing bowls. Next we tried the Zara sale and I was over the moon to find the perfect dress for my upcoming graduation. This navy dress was priced down from €40 to €15, it's so comfy and cute, I can't wait to wear it. The heels weren't purchased in the sales, they're €29 from New Look, I got them to wear to my grad too. A graduation outfit for less than €50, a definite bargain :). I'm no expert when it comes to fashion or shopping but I have a few rules I use for sale shopping so I don't lose money in the long run.

Tips for Savy Sale Shopping

  • Beware the bargain that isn't. Just because it's on sale, doesn't mean you need it. If it doesn't fit you correctly, doesn't suit you or you have no where to wear it than ultimately your losing money.
  • Always try it on. It's easy to get caught up in the rush of the sales but it's important to try things on before you part with your money.
  • Buy basics. Sales are a great time to stock up on everyday basics like simple tees, jeans, cardigans and underwear. 
  • Don't just stick to clothes. Accessories are the perfect way to restyle the clothes you already own; handbags, jewellery, scarfs, shoes are all great items to buy in sales because they will help you get the max out of your wardrobe.
  • Make a plan. Before you hit the sales, search through your wardrobe and find the gaps you want to fill.
  • Why is it on sale? Check your desired item for tears, stains, burst zips etc. If it's not something you can fix don't buy it. 
  • Bring a friend. It's easy to get carried away with slashed prices all around, so bring someone who will be honest about if something suits you. 
  • Have fun! Sales are a great place to get what you need for a great price or treat yourself without breaking the bank. 

Hope everyones has had a great weekend. Anyone get great bargains at the sales?


P.s. All images property of thriftylilpixie.


xox

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading xox

© thriftylilpixie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig