Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Wish you well






It's so so cold, but I could not be happier about it! We've had snow now for the last four days which rarely ever happens, usually it would all turn to brown slush after a couple of days, but this year its stayed heavy and frozen and crisp white. It's quite the adventure trying to make it to college without landing flat on my face, the road is like a skating rink so I've had to put away the Aldo boots due to their lack of grips. It's an even bigger adventure trying to make it home with the groceries! These heavy biker beauties are on lend from my very kind mammy and they're absolutely perfect, they're warm, water proof and alot steadier than my usual pair. She was also kind enough to lend me this cosy cream jumper which I have been wearing since the snow arrived. All the shops and restaurants have strung out their fairy lights for Christmas and they twinkle beautifully in the snow, the brown brick houses in our estate look like gingerbread houses all iced with a dusting of snow, no wonder I'm smiling like a lunatic all day long with such beautiful scenery around. I've gained a few new followers in the last few days and I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone of my followers, everyone who comments and everyone who just drops by for a quick look!



Outfit details: Boots (Ebay) borrowed, Coat (New Look) birthday present, Woolly jumper (knitted by my mammy), knee socks (Primark), hat (Topshop)



My tips for enjoying the 'big freeze' as they're calling it on the news; fill the presses with warming heavy food (chicken soup yum), fill up the hotwater bottle, wear several pair of socks, stick on the woolly Christmas jumper, knock back the hot choc, indulge in an early selection box (thanks to my boyfriend for that one :)) light the fire, surround yourself with good company and watch a Christmas movie (polar express anyone?).

P.s.s. Follow thriftylilpixie on Blogspot and Bloglovin
xox
Share:

1 comment

  1. I have a love/hate relationship with snow :)
    You look very cute and cozy in these pics

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading xox

© thriftylilpixie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig