Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Trend: Over the knee socks


If your looking for a way to be incredibly on trend and even more under budget knee high socks (or over the knee) is perfect. You don't need a new dress, new skirt, new heels...all you need is a pair of these in whatever colour you desire and your good to go. Me, I'll be wearing Primark's knitted pink pairs with fringed booties. Over the knee socks are just as good casual as they are dressy. Perfect with your favourite boots and shorts or skirts or baggy dresses, even more perfect when the night comes with towering heels and fitted dresses.Versatility like that guarantees value for money. Over the knee socks definitely triumph over tights in comfort, style and value for money (none of those nasty ladders). For a designer take on this trend see Alexander Wang's spring 2010 Ready-to-Wear Collection. Celebrity fans of this trend include Vanessa Hudgens, Jessica Alba, The Saturdays Molly and Frankie, Katy Perry and Agyness Deyn. To find your own perfect pair on a budget I recommend trying Primark and Topshop.








P.s: none of the images used are property of Thriftylilpixie. Sources: www.stylestar.inc www.celebspin.com www.style.com www.dailymail.co.uk
Share:

7 comments

  1. I loveeee these outfits.
    And with a weather like I'm having here, they're pretty useful too!:)
    +++

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these outfits :) and comfy high socks are the best... aka best trend ever

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love these pictures you've collected!! those over-the-knee socks look very stylish, indeed.
    just stumbled upon your blog and enjoying myself very much. i'll definitely be checking back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you on their transformative abilities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially like these layered over tights for warmth in winter. Thanks for commenting on my blog. How did you find me? I'm going to subscribe to you right now...

    Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the OTK socks!!! I am an Over the knee sock designer. Please check out my designs at www.sweetmarcel.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading xox

© thriftylilpixie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig