Sunday, November 9, 2014

Maldron Hotel Smithfield


Maldron Hotel, Smithfield, D7 Dublin

I splurged on a night way in Dublin to do some shopping for the Halloween weekend. As I was off to the Folkster kilo sale in Smithfield on Sunday morning, I thought it would be a nice treat to stay in The Maldron Smithfield for the night. The room cost €149, it was for two of us, but the room actually had a third bed so you could fit more. The hotel was perfectly located for me as the kilo sale was right beside it and it was also just a 10 minute walk from the city center. The Jameson distillery is literally straight across the road for those that like their whiskey. The hotel itself was modern, clean and cozy, with friendly staff to welcome you. Our room was the perfect size, the bed was comfy and I slept like a log. I really liked that there was a bath rather than just a shower so I could relax in a lush bath before bed. There was the usual tea/coffee facilities and room service, what I liked was you could also order your food and collect it rather than spending €4 to get it brought up to you. Save the €4 and get more cake with it I say. We did just that and feasted on brownies and eton mess. The next morning we ate our way though a seriously impressive breakfast buffet that I would hugely recommend, some hotel breakfast are a little sad and messily but The Maldron had everything you could want and plenty of it. I'd give The Maldron a big thumbs up if you want to treat yourself, it is pricey at €149 but that is quite average for 3/4 star hotels in Dublin city.

Any recommendations for great places to stay in Dublin?
xox
Share:

2 comments

  1. What's on my to do list? Staying in a nice hotel like that and not aways in a cheap hostel (even they're comfy!) haha :D

    http://marygolife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sausage dish looks very appetizing ;)

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading xox

© thriftylilpixie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig