Saturday, January 5, 2013

2012: An Amazing Year

2012 has been an incredible year for me, I graduated with a degree, started a PhD, got my driver's licence, visited new places, meet great people and generally enjoyed myself loads! I've grown alot in the last year and I can't wait to see what 2013 has to offer. I have to admit it wasn't a great year for blogging, but at the end of the year I got really stuck into work and that had to be my priority. Anyway I'm back with a bang, with new stories to share, new bargains and beautiful pieces I've collected over the last few months, not to mention new years resolutions to get stuck into! But before that all begins it's time to recap on a great year, I love reading all the blog posts of people's highlights of their year and their year in outfits. Here's just a few highlights:

January


My Birthday with my amazing friends, family and boyfriend


March



Celebrating St. Patrick's day in Dublin

April



Visiting Dublin Zoo. I LOVE the zoo, every time a new animal is born in Dublin zoo, I have to go see them!

For April and May it was head down and study like crazy, finishing up my four year degree, submitting my thesis, doing my last exams and then breathing a sigh of relief! June meant the beginning of my PhD, the biggest challenge I have undertaken yet...

July


July was a month for concerts with Snow Patrol and Florence and the Machine in Phoenix Park followed by Bruce Springsteen in the RDS. Bruce Springsteen was hands down the BEST concert I have ever been to. I also visited the Guinness Storehouse. 

August





August was holiday time with my boyfriend in Galway. Galway is the perfect place for a relaxing holiday, the city has great places to shop, eat and drink. It's got such a welcoming atmosphere that you can't help but enjoy your time there. Salthill is my highlight, I love being by the sea, it clears your head completely. If you've seen the film The Guard, you'll recognize some places from the film like the pier in Salthill. 

September






In September I graduated with my degree in Biology and went to my graduation ball to celebrate, it was a great month, all the hard work came together and at last I had the piece of paper to show it! I also went to the All Ireland Hurling Final, Galway vs. Kilkenny, in Croke Park. It was my first All Ireland to actually attend, unfortunatley I don't support either county that played but the atmosphere was still electric. 

October and November passed in a flurry of work and spending time with family and friends. For Halloween I dressed as Mini Mouse complete with ears from Disneyland and a red polka dot dress.

December







December was a crazy busy month, with presentations in work, Christmas parties, Christmas holidays and New Years spent in Derbyshire. 

What was the highlight of 2012 for you?
 if you've blogged about your 2012 let me know I love reading those posts :)

xox


Share:

2 comments

  1. This is such a lovely and cute post! Im glad 2012 was good to you and I hope you have as much fun for 2013, haha I hated 2012 so lets hope 2013 is better! Congrats on the academic success and your drivers license as well, I want mine this year!!

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great year! Hope 2013 is incredible!


    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading xox

© thriftylilpixie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig