Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tunisia: Part 1

After completing my summer science internship and moving home, it was time for a much needed spur of the moment girly holiday to Tunisia. I had never actually been out of Europe so this was a proper adventure where I was delighted to obtain some stamps for the passport! It was an incredible holiday with temperatures hitting the 40s, I had to hide from the sun at that stage. We got to ride on camels, feed giraffes, watch traditional African dance, stay in the most beautiful hotel and of course sunbath and swim in the crystal blue ocean...Bliss!









As is the nature of the last minute holiday, I packed an hour before leaving for the airport, stuffing my suitcase with maxi dresses, bikinis, heaps of factor 50 sunscreen and holiday book of the moment 'One Day'. My holiday wardrobe was the result of a quick dash to River Island, a few bargain buys from their summer clearance racks, maxis reduced from €65 to €18 and not to mention summer shoes on clearance at Primark for €1. These new purchases were mixed with borrowed pieces from my mammy and sisters wardrobe alongside my wardrobe staples from summers gone by.









This summer has been amazing, I've learnt so much, meet so many great people and had loads of new experiences like flying through trees on zipper wires, working in a lab and visiting a new continent. So now I'm back, with a light tan (a result of constantly reapplying sunscreen and relaxing mainly in the shade, I can't bear sunburns), just in time to move again and prepare for another year of college.





There's more holiday snaps to come. Hope everyone's having a great week!

P.s. All images property of thriftylilpixie. Follow thriftylilpixie on Blogspot and Bloglovin

xox
Share:

2 comments

  1. What a dream vacation! Lucky you! ... and lucky me .. stumbling upon your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks like a great vacation and your photos came wonderfully well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading xox

© thriftylilpixie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig