Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Taking Care Of Outdoor Hair



Full disclosure, 90% of the time my hair is a literal bird's nest. At any given time it can be knotted, matted and even have a few random twigs thrown in for good measure. I work outdoors quite often as way of explanation for the twigs. Throughout the year I visit bogs and forests for my work and in my free time too. When I'm working outdoors my hair needs to be out of my face, so it's normally thrown into a top knot or covered in a woolly hat and scarf. Between the top knots, wind and rain I end up with a head of hair in serious need of some taming. Over time I've found a few wonder products for restoring my hair to a presentable state so I wanted to share them with anyone who's hair is in need of some love. Everything I currently use can be picked up in Boots or Tesco. First up is my favorite hair tamer of all time; the Tangle Teezer. I bought one after the initial hype it received in the blogging world and haven't looked back. I actually own two, one for home and one for my handbag as it's the only thing I'll brush my hair with. If you're prone to knotty hair it makes dealing with it painless, rejoice! When my hair is being particularly stubborn I use L'oreal Kids Tangel Tamer, fine so it is technically for kids, but why should they be the only ones with pain free hair detangling that smells like pears? It's my secret weapon so invest in a bottle, it's only €2.95 in Tesco and did I mention it smells like pears!  When it comes to washing my hair I always use Aussie products, I won't highlight a particular Aussie product that's best, as I love any I've tried so far. After using them exclusively over a number of months, I've noticed a huge difference in the appearance and manageability of my hair. I swear by their 3 Minute Miracle conditioner, it makes my hair feel silky soft, it's honestly the best brand of conditioner I've ever used. Keep an eye out in Boots as Aussie products are regularly 3 for €15, so you can stock up on shampoo, conditioner and dry shampoo to your hearts content. Lastly, on to a little styling, admittedly my go to hair styles are up, down and backcombed. When I feel like making a little extra effort or I want more volume, I love texturiser sprays to take wavy messy hairstyles to the next level.  Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray is perfect for my hair as it makes my fine hair way more voluminous with just a couple of spritzes. 

Those are my favorite hair care & styling products for the outdoorsy girl, let me know if you've any recommendations for messy hair     
xox
Share:

1 comment

  1. As a fellow birds nest hair wearer. I'm also a huge fan of the tangle teaser... I need all th other stuff also xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading xox

© thriftylilpixie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig