Saturday, August 15, 2015

The Old Yard, Kildare


Garterfarm, Castledermot, Co. Kildare

If you're looking for somewhere special to spend your Saturday I've got you covered. My friend suggested The Old Yard for a catch up and some cake, I hadn't been before and I don't know how that's possible because it is truly a gem. You'll find this peaceful old farmyard on a quiet road in South Kildare, just outside Castledermot. Settle down at a table inside or out and get comfy. We picked inside which was lovely and cosy and set about getting our sugar overload. First up was a helping of homemade lemonade and roulade. The delicious cakes are made by Hallahoise House Bakery and there's plenty to choose from. The Old Yard is so relaxing, there's no rush and everyone is incredibly friendly. We sat and gossiped until all the cake was gone, so we ordered hot chocolates and gossiped some more. Once we had our sugar high it was time to hunt around the antiques housed in the converted sheds. There is an eclectic mix of vintage, antique and rustic finds, it's the ultimate interior design inspiration. You'll also find gorgeous floral displays from bespoke wedding florist Fleur Weddings, that left me dreaming of a boho wedding. The Old Yard is open Thurs-Sat: 10am-6pm for May-September. Make sure to drop by before it's closed for a little piece of escapism, a helping of cake and plenty of design inspiration.

What's your favorite Saturday spot?
xox 
Share:

9 comments

  1. Oh my god this place looks stunning! I'd even think it would be amazing for a wedding venue, such pretty details and a gorgeous setting! :)

    Gabby xo

    Blog - What She Buys / Instagram / Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so vintage! I love vintage interiors *o*

    I hope that you visit my blog too: SPIKED-SOUL.BLOGSPOT.COM :)
    Have a nice day!

    P.S. Can you click this link? Thank you!
    http://www.cndirect.com/summer-women-casual-o-neck-short-sleeve-print-basic-t-shirt-tops-tee.html?utm_source=blog&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Zofia317

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pieces!

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for letting us see a little part of beautiful Ireland. Wow! Your photos are super and your writing is charming. I so want to have cakes and hot chocolate at The Old Yard ♥

    Xoxo, Shelly

    www.shellystuckman.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous place! I love their style, and the hot chocolate looks very tasty. The little potting shed place with the little loveseat and lanterns is so cosy and romantic. Must put this on my list :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this picture looks so picturesque and I love anything with a vintage feel! The food also looks yummy xx

    Pop over to my blog :)

    Sarah
    https://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent blog post, amazing pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blog post , as usual my Dear ! :)

    PS: Please help me with collaboration and clickHere <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading xox

© thriftylilpixie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig