Thursday, July 23, 2015

Spa Day & Afternoon Tea at Mount Wolseley


Golf and Spa Resort, Tullow, Co. Carlow, Ireland
Looking beauts in the spa
Afternoon tea €16/person, to book call 059 918 0100 

My sister had an incredibly rare weekend off work, which meant we had to do something special to make the most of it. A trip to a spa, followed by afternoon tea seemed like the ultimate relaxing sister day. It was also my first experience of both a spa and afternoon tea, so I was naturally delighted to try out both. We picked Mount Wolseley, Golf and Spa Resort in Tullow, Co. Carlow, after hearing amazing things about it's spa. I picked a deep tissue massage (€70 for 45 minutes) to deal with those irritating shoulder pains from sitting in front of a laptop and my sister went from a hot stone massage (€65 for 45 minutes). Honestly this Spa is incredible, it's gorgeous, there just aren't words for how much I loved it. Firstly you change into a dressing gown and slippers and then your taken into a relaxation room to wait for your appointment. The relaxation room is dimly light, full of leather beds with blankets to get cosy, headphones playing relaxing music, tea/coffee and fresh fruit. Then your collected for your treatment. My massage was done by Ciara, she was brilliant and so friendly. After a lovely back and scalp massage that definitely worked some knots out of my back, I was free to enjoy all the spa facilities for as long as I wanted. You have to go to this Spa just to try out all the facilities and then come back here and tell me all about it, it's that good! The spa is all dimly light with relaxing music, there's a hydrotherapy pool in the center with buttons to turn on different jets. There's a foot spa you are submerged in up to your chest, there's also a sauna, exotic rain showers, a Laconium room and one of only three Sabia Med rooms in Ireland. The Sabia Med room is basically an indoor beach full of warm, white sand and is heated to mimic an exotic beach, you bring in your towel lie down, while UV lights take you through a 30 minute dawn to dusk cycle and relax like your on holidays. If you want you can just use these 6 thermal suite experiences only for €15 for 90 minutes. After spending 3 hours in the spa, we definitely got our moneys worth, it was time to head back outside and fill our bellies with miniature sandwiches and cake. 

Afternoon tea is served in the library from 12-4 daily, and needs to be booked in advance. It's priced at €16 per person and is worth every penny.  You can add a Snipe of  Prosecco for €9.50 if you like but I was happy with my tea this time. The sandwich selection includes: baked ham & Meaux mustard on a wholemeal pitta, egg and cress on a mini brioche, cucumber and cream cheese on white batch bread and poached salmon and sapphire on wholemeal bread. The pastry selection includes scones with Chantilly cream and jam, Madeira cake, tea brack, lemon tart, raspberry tart, a raspberry macaroon, caramel filled cone and opera gateaux, There's a range of tea to choose from, I picked Morgentau Mint Tea. They bring out the hugest tea pots for you I had 4 cups of tea and didn't even finish my pot. Afternoon tea is such a fun experience, it feels like such a treat and so classy, that is until I put the leftover cake in my bag for later, classiness ruined opps! 

So if your looking for a girly day out, or a couple's treat as the spa was full of couples, definitely give one or both of these a try. Really fun and girly, great value for money and you'll leave feeling like a princess.

Any girly day out recommendations?
xox 
Share:

6 comments

  1. Wow, it looks beautiful there! I think a spa day is just what I need.

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to Mount Wolsey for weddings and absolutely loved the place. Afternoon tea is my fav thing to do. Put the two together and you e pretty much the perfect day xx ~ Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you ! Hope you enjoyed it :)

    Follow me on GFC, I always follow back.

    WWW.HEKYMA.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing post! Hope you enjoyed it! <3

    http://www.adelaacanski.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an amazing day! You can't go wrong with a spa day and afternoon tea :) x
    http://cocoamay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! Seems like you had a great day! :)

    Pop over to my blog!

    Sarah
    https://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading xox

© thriftylilpixie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig