My boyfriend and I decided to make this amazing cheesecake when a nasty cold had hit our home and we needed a little pick me up. It's really easy to make, I love any recipe that doesn't involve actually turning on an oven. You can use any white chocolate you like but Milky Bars go very nicely with this recipe. The recipe itself is based on this glenisk one, we made small cheesecakes so double the ingredients if your making a large one.
Ingredients: 90g of digestive biscuits, 25g butter, 200g of soft/cream cheese, 30g of caster sugar, juice and zest of 1/2 lemon, 150g of white chocolate (we used Milky Bars), 150ml of fresh cream, raspberries to decorate
1. Place the biscuits in a sandwich bag and crush into crumbs
2. Melt the butter and then mix with the crushed biscuits. Press mixture into a cheesecake tin (we did two small ones) and chill in the fridge.
3. Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, lemon until smooth, do this with an electric whisk we didn't have one so my boyfriend got some exercise doing this by hand.
4. Whip the fresh cream.
5. Melt the white chocolate, once melted pour into the ingredients from step 3. Then fold in the whipped cream.
6. Pour the cheesecake mix onto the biscuit layer in the tin. Leave to chill in the fridge, it takes best if left overnight.
7. Before eating decorate with raspberries and enjoy.
If you have some mixture left over try making tiny cheesecakes in shot glasses they are so cute!