Saturday, March 8, 2014

Happy International Women's Day

Jacket: Zara
Boots: River Island
Statement necklace: Primark
Dress: Borrowed from my sister



I planned to do an outfit post today after taking these pics this morning but I also remembered it was International Women's Day today and I want to highlight that. If you follow my twitter I'm sharing topics that are important to Women's rights today. After reading Grazia's article on 'What it's really like to be a woman in 2014' I was shocked and horrified. Some of the facts included in the article are almost unbelievable for instance: In Calcutta 12,000 girls under 18 are involved in the sex trade. In South Africa every 4 minutes a woman is raped, women are 3 times more likely to be raped then get an education. In Saudi Arabia woman are not allowed to drive.  It got me thinking, I am a very privileged woman to have a college degree, have the opportunity to study for my PhD and drive my own car when and where I want. To be in this position and not actively do something to make these things a reality for more women would be criminal. So this is something I will be setting my mind to for the future and if you have any ideas I'd love you to share them with me.  To start I will be sharing these important issues on my twitter and blog, I love sharing fashion and travel topics and I won't stop doing that but I also want to do more than that with my voice. For more info about women's day click here.
"We cannot succeed when half of us are held back"-Malala Yousafzai
xox
Share:

2 comments

Thank you for reading xox

© thriftylilpixie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig