Sunday, December 1, 2013

Pittsburgh Steelers and Pirates




As part of my study I get the amazing opportunity to travel to conferences to present my work. This year I got to visit America for the first time when I attended conferences in Pittsburgh and Penn State College in Pennsylvania. I was incredibly excited to get to travel somewhere completely new and have so many new experiences. After flying to Boston and then on to Pittsburgh, we started our trip spending 5 days in "The Steel City" or "The City of Bridges" and the location of The Dark Night Rises. We stayed at Double Tree Hilton, Green Tree, which was so comfortable, I wanted to take my bed home with me it was just ridiculously comfy! Obviously we were there to attend a science conference, but we packed in loads of experiences to try and experience as much of American culture as we could during our trip. While we were in Pittsburgh we had to sample American sport so we visited PNC park the stadium of the Pittsburgh Pirates baseball team and Heinz field of the Pittsburgh Steelers football team. 


The Pittsburgh Steelers have won more Super Bowls than any other team and featured in The Dark Night Rises so I had to get myself a jersey, and one for my boyfriend, and one for my sister... We also got a guided tour of PNC park, it was great to learn about the history of baseball and the Pittsburgh Pirates. the view of Pittsburgh from the stands was breathtaking on a sunny day. For my day of American sport history I wore a black dress from H&M (€15) and black studded Primark flats.


I'd highly recommended a tour of PNC park, it was quite cheap ($8 I think), it lasts an hour and a half and they bring you everywhere; I got to sit in the dugout, stand on the pitch, in the stands, the boxes and toured the changing rooms among lots of other things. 
xox
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading xox

© thriftylilpixie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig