Saturday, May 17, 2014
Along with yoga and running to aid with stress relief, I decided to give arts and crafts a whirl. I've always loved art and DIY but with work demands I rarely make time for it. That's all changing though as a friend and I went on a arts supplies splurge in Tiger this week. We stocked up on paint, ribbons and canvas to try out lots of mini projects. The first DIY we tried and loved was painting mason jars to make very girly vases, they could also be used as candle holders or as storage jars. This is such an easy DIY it probably doesn't need any instructions but I'll give a quick description of what we did anyway.
Materials: Jars, Acrylic Paint, Brushes, Ribbon, Hair Dryer (if like us you have no patience)
1. Paint your jars all over with color of your choice (I did a little neon) and allow to dry, you can speed this up with a hairdryer
2. Repeat with as many layers as you like, we did 3
3. You can add a distressed effect by rubbing with some sandpaper
4. Add ribbon and viola your done
5. Display your DIY prowess to visitors or on Instagram!
I've got the arts & crafts buzz right now. I'm pinning new projects like mad, there's something so fun and nostalgic about it, it reminds me of being little and I love it! What are your favorite DIY projects?
© thriftylilpixie | All rights reserved.